Leganto is Western's copyright compliant approved method for making chapter PDFs from print books available to students. You can use the Leganto list to request chapters for digitisation (note limits apply). Add the book to the list, add a note that you want a chapter and the Library will check the copyright and create a chapter entry citation for you.
IMPORTANT: To avoid disappointment you must add the book chapter tag. The Library will not receive any alerts digitsataion/book chapter requests if the book chapter tag is missed.
Once you have Added items to the list:
1. Click the title of the item to go the full record.
2. Scroll down and click ‘Add note”.
3. Add a note with chapter information, to tell students what to read and the library which section to digitise.
4. SAVE to add the note. X (top left) to go back to the main screen.
5. Add a tag to help the Library know what to do, by clicking in the "Add tags" box, selecting “Book chapter”, SAVE.
note: timeframes for PDFs availability vary from 2 business days (from receipt of request) to up to one month, depending on access to the book (e.g. if the item is on loan/not held). Timely digitisation requests are highly recommended.
© Western Sydney University, unless otherwise attributed.
Library guide created by Western Sydney University Library staff is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY)