Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
TableBuilder is an online tool for creating your own tables of Census data, of all variables contained in the Census Output Record File, including age, education, housing, income, transport, religion, ethnicity, occupation, family composition for all ABS geographic areas.
The User Manual provides detailed instructions about how to build, customise, save and export tables and graphs in TableBuilder.
TableBuilder can be used to:
- construct tables using data variables you select
- display counts, percentages and relative standard errors in your table
- select from categorical variables (eg state, age, sex)
- calculate means, medians and quantiles for continuous variables (eg income)
- create custom ranges from continuous variables
- create graphs using your customised tables
- save or export your tables as CSV, Excel or SDMX files.
For more information about TableBuilder, please see the Product Brief.(opens in new window)
How to apply for TableBuilder
How to apply
Use your current Western Sydney University email address when applying.
Step 1: Register and activate your user account
Step 2: Join an organisation
- Email email@example.com to request to join an organisation (Western Sydney University).
- You will then be attached to the Western Sydney University account and have access to all of the University subscribed data series.
Step 3: Subscribe to products
Step 4: Log in and use TableBuilder
- Log in to TableBuilder via Registration Centre Home.
Step 5: Update user contact details
- Log in to My Account to view or update user contact details.
© Western Sydney University, unless otherwise attributed.
Library guide created by Western Sydney University Library staff is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY)